Smart restore

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by angel5, Aug 26, 2002.

1. angel5

angel5 Guest

First of all sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, wasn't to sure where to put it.

Can anyone tell me, when I got my computer I had in my pack a grey disk (recovery disk). I assume this is the one to use to take it back to factory settings even though every one else I know seems to have a red one.
    Well this disc does not work anyway and I was told to go into system restore to create a floppy master cd. If I do this and use it will it take me back to how the systen was when I first got it. I have a freind that has a red restore disc and her computer is nearly exactly the same as mine apart from mine is 2.0ghz and her's is 1.8ghz, could I use this disc?

Thank you as you can see I am only a beginner.

Packard Bell Ixtreme 9607
    Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHZ

2. elderec

elderec Guest

I wouldn't suggest using someone else's restore cd. You should be able to get another copy from your OEM though, if not maybe checkout http://www.restorecd.com

3. angel5

angel5 Guest

Thanks elderec

had a look at the site but if I can create my own from smart restore I would prefer to do that. Packard bell are well known I believe for sending out non working disc's and tell you to download it from their site but I can't find my one.

Cheers
    :)

4. elderec

elderec Guest