slow xp load

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
when i start the computer it boots into windows just fine but when it is all loaded it freezes the start bar for about 5 min, tehre are no viruses and there is no auto protect on this computer. there is no adware and there is nothing else booting up with it. the specs are

amd 1800+
512mb sdram
40gb main hdd 7200 rpm
gforce 4 mx 440

does anyone know why this might help. there are a bunch of updates on hte windows site but it wont down load them. it just sayd download faild. anyideas on why it is slow?

Try disabling the Background Intelligent Transfer service. I've heard of cases in which it causes the computer to freeze for a few minutes at startup, so it could be your problem.

Start>Run>services.msc
Double click "Background Intelligent Transfer Service"
Change the startup mode to Disabled.
Reboot, and check if the issue is resolved

:)

BITS only uses network resources, not actual system resources as odd as that may sound. Try this, unplug your network cable and then boot. If it doesnt freeze up, then there is your problem.

i had this without a network card in and couldnt cure it worst luck

hit control alt del then kill explorer then control alt del goto file menu then click run then type explorer then use system restore! Thats how i fixed mine!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back