Slow startup ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Dubbin1, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

When I start my puter it takes over 1 min before I can access my network or even log on to my DSL. If I disable workstation in Administrative Tools/Services I can log on to my DSL as soon as the computer starts but I have to start the workstation before I can log on to my network. How can I fix this so I can leave the workstation running and not have to wait to log on to my network and DSL when I restart? This all started after a reformat. Before that it started just fine.

Thanks
    Dwayne

2. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

May want to try THIS program, its called Bootviz, made by micro$oft, and arranges programs on your disk for a faster startup.

3. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

Thanks but it didnt work.

4. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

Still at a loss on this problem.

5. Phoenix1956

Phoenix1956 Guest

Hey Dubbin1

If u have Win 2k installed did u apply the service packs in the correct order ?. How about double-checking ur network settings again, maybe the ip address has changed along the the security settings.

Hope am leading you in the right direction because I no longer have Win 2k as my default system os.

6. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

Nope No win 2k

7. Phoenix1956

Phoenix1956 Guest

Hey Dubbin1

Sorry my bad call, when I saw your post about your workstation I just thought that your using WIN2K. Sorry guy !

8. shoulin

shoulin OSNN Addict

run msconfig ..... check your start-up and services tab, see that u dont have a bunch of crap starting up when ur comp finishes booting windows