slow ex-perience load

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by canadian_divx, Oct 26, 2002.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

every time i try to load this web page it is really really slow, any other pages i go to are fast and even if i clear all temp out they are still fast and this one is slow, i am just woundering if it is me or it is the server that has become to busy????? and my dns cash is maxmized for my speed and my connection is an 8mb so it might be me but i am not sure.

2. PC-Dude

PC-Dude Guest

It's not just you, the site has been slow lately, prob due to high traffic.

3. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

same thing here.. either the server (lots of hits) or lots of traffic congestion in the server's area.. who knows...

4. canadian_divx

thanks for the information people

5. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Yeah... server seems to be under a lot of stress today... sorry for any problems this is causing.... trying our best to find a resolution to the problem

MdSalih

6. segamil

segamil OSNN Addict

I thought I was the only one...
    Hope you get the slow response issue taken care of.

7. bruce_ers00

bruce_ers00 Guest

Hmmmmmmm... I just noticed a coming soon for xp-erience.org. Should I be anticipating something huge? :D

8. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

bruce_ers00 - yeah... you should be anticipating something :D

heh... yep... site is gonna be having some cool changes very soon.. so watch this space :)

MdSalih

9. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Hmm, the speed has picked up a little here, has been slow all day.
    We think it is due to the site being in the UK and the database being in the USA. It could of course have been problem on the database hosts side. We are working to make XP-erience better and you will seen the culmination of our efforts as soon as we want you to... snoochies.

10. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

yep, the speed will lessen soon.. just bare with us..soon..very soon :D

11. slow speed with dsl connection. that is kinda weird :) . u wonder why the hell u pay for that fast connection if everything is still loading slow ??

12. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

EP are you telling members xp-erience is running off DSL when it's really running off of your 56K connection? :p :D

13. Jewelzz i dont mean that. i've asked EP about why it's so slow and he did say it was running off his 56k. i mean that i browse internet with dsl and some stuff still loads slow.

14. Zodiaq

Zodiaq Guest

What do we need to do to solve this prob for good. It's not just today or yesterday it's been sloooow for weeks.

I love this site!!! A wealth of information.

With over 20,000 members if we can get at least 10% to contribute $1.00 each that's 2grand. Will that help?

I am willing to donate to the cause...anyone else?

15. canadian_divx

i would donate but i dont know how and i ahve canadian money but i am willing to learn how and to make it mre than 1 dollar

16. canadian_divx

how hard would it be to have the database in the UK???? that might help a lot

17. Zodiaq

Zodiaq Guest

Can we get a Moderator involved here and possible set up a Donation box on the home page?

Let's do it...

I just checked my connection....it Rips!!!! But this site is like being back on 56k if not worse. I feel sorry for the poor souls on a dialup connection. They probably leave before they even get here.

18. Electronic Punk

How hard? How about $2000 less in hard currenty.. per month :)

As for donations, I would feel uneasy taking money :(
    waddy may feel different tho ;)

19. Electronic Punk

I am on dialup... the delay is not connection dependent... on dialup it speeds along... the lag is the connection between the UK server and the US server.

But don't worry the new US server is almost ready :)

20. rick_422

rick_422 Guest

adding my 2 cents
    wether it makes a difference or not, but i havnt noticed that great a change in speed here in Australia
    im on dailup and havnt had too many dramas...

cheers