slow dvd-rom drive

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
it seems that lately my drive is running a bit slow. there is nothing wrong in the device manager and was wondering if there is anyway i can make my drive at normals speed again becasue i recently performed tweaks and was wondering if that could do about anything.

here is a list of the tweaks i did.

I definitely would not play with "Shut down faster"as altering can have an adverse effect.
Try 200 if you have to .
Also on" menu show" may be put in on 100 or 200 max.

make sure the drive is running in "Ultra DMA Mode 2" or "Mode 4"... and not "PIO" or "Multi-Word DMA". do this by looking at your ide controller in device manager, find which channel it's on, and go it's properties, 'advanced' tab.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back