Slipstreaming SP1

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Sux, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Sux

Sux Guest

I have done the SP1 update from an installer file found at a LAN,
    not from Windows updates.
    No probs with the install ,I chose the backup install option and SP1 appears in add /remove programs as a single file.
    My question is,when I am happy with SP1 how do I go about making the slipstream CD? I did'nt see any mention of it during the install and I hav'nt found anything that gives the option since the install.

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

3. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

I have not made one yet- but I have read that quite a few folks have succesfully used the guide for Nero that Khayman linked.

4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

I used it

Its does work fine just dont bother renameing the sp1 I made three folder "boot "root "sp1 and then just change the command line when you want to intergrate the sp1 into the xp files its not hard to do there was a big thread on here somewhere

5. Sux

Sux Guest

Thanks for the answers

Looks more involved than I exspected.
    I have seen the slipstream term used a bit and I thought it was how MS intended the update to be done and having it in add \remove was just an intermediate step.
    Is there any proformance gians in doing the slipstream install ?
    or is it just the conveniance when it comes to a reinstall?

6. shaunj66

shaunj66 H.T.I.D!

i have done this, and it works fine, formatted my pc last saturday, used the CD and works perfect! :)

7. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Its just for convenience. If you ever have to reinstall XP (from scratch or repair, or anything) then you won't have to reapply the SP1 patch again

Its not really that involved, if your looking at the link i gave then it is just breaking it down a few steps in to many simple steps.

8. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

It's definately handy, made my slipstream CD after i'd downloaded SP1, only got round to using it yesterday after formatting, works a treat ;)

9. shaunj66

shaunj66 H.T.I.D!

yes they're great :) even better when u have a legal copy of windows xp slipstreamed with SP1 :)

10. Faction

Faction Guest

thx been looking for this