Sli

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Anyone rigged up two v/cards yet?

Is it amazing or no change, just interested, could be fun for the next PC. I imagine getting two cheaper v/card could theoretically be better than one nvidia ultra.

how would you make them work though, wouldnt u have to have a mobo like the alien ware one?

You need a motherboard with NForce SLi chipset with 2 X 18 PCI Express graphics ports. In all benches, the 6600GT SLi config was about on par with the 6800 GT...at lower resolutions. At higher resolutions and AA and AF applied, the single 6800 GTs were faster IIRC. However, Anandtech, Tom's Hexus and Tech Report have all investigated the performance and you could sreach there for those articles.

ANy good article links on SLI? Is there PCX SLI? I have a single PCX 6800 Ultra. I'd be wiling to pop for an nforce SLI board and another PCX 6800 U if I'd see a huge performance increase and only if there is a PCX SLI Nforce board. Also, has anyone who has an SLI setup reported seeing a line, or overlap between the screen halves?

Wr@th

lancer said:

Is it amazing or no change, just interested, could be fun for the next PC. I imagine getting two cheaper v/card could theoretically be better than one nvidia ultra.

SLI RAWKS actually ... EVERY game there is i can play at full video resolutions and im sure i could also play them at much higher pixels with a CRT monitor at full blast as well with ZERO lag or delay.

Thats an impressive sounding rig you got there trainmaster77.

lancer said:

check this link out .. outstanding price $799 for 2 BFG sli 6800gt's.

i think this deserves a clicky on my star no? this is a steal of a deal.

http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=250800

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back