Slackware 9.0

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Some news from over at www.slackware.com (My fav distro)
The first release of the gcc-3.2 based slackware-current (which will eventually become Slackware 9.0) is online. Besides the new compiler, you'll also find the 2.4.19 kernel, Ogg Vorbis 1.0, FLAC (the Free Lossless Audio Codec), perl 5.8.0, KDE 3.0.3, support for hotplugging, and many other improvements. All the patches since Slackware 8.1 have been merged into this tree as well. Have fun! :)

I'm sure most slackware users will already know, but for those who dont its a nice distro...give it a try

what the hell is slackware?
heheh

I am not a nice person, I mean
I am not a nix person

:D
S'pose asking for Slackware fans on a (majority) windows user based forum was a long shot :p

Not to destroy this thread...
but what kind of hardcore?

I use SuSE Linux 8.0 Pro with Star office 6.0 on my other PC: AMD Duron 800 etc...

Hurah! *Enters Thread Hi-Jack mode*

HappyHardcore, and Dutch Gabber mainly ... so music, not pr0n :p

On a random note, before i go to bed (I really gotta start gettin sleep before 4am :p ) you can listen to a recent-ish mix i did here (Real Media Stream) to get a general idea of what i mean by hardcore

Superb!
I likes all aspects of the hard dance scene (Used To DJ HardHouse before hardcore, i like some trance, DrumNBass, FreeFrom, hardcore, gabber, speedcore, Hi-NRG) .. Basically i've followed the dance scene my whole life and progressed through the harder styles, and settled back to hardcore. Only music i dont like is Garage, in fact i ******* hate it!!!! :p

Slackware is cool, but i like to go with FreeBSD, but for shell server i run Debian.

I've only ever tried NetBSD out of the BSD family, i liked it but prefer slackware for a desktop o/s, i do use FreeBSD on my shell tho ... alltho that only ever gets used for screen and BitchX :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back