Size windows problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by iacchos, Apr 5, 2002.

1. iacchos

iacchos Guest

Hello,

I have a boring pb with XP Pro : often, the windows have a bad size. For example when I switch the calculator from standard mode to scientific mode, the window isn't resized (then, it is too small). Same thing appears in IE, when a ad pop-up appears, this window is always the same size than the prtevious windows...

It seems it is a Win XP problem...

Any idea ??

Thanks a lot for your help :)

2. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

Well you can change the size of a window of a program by right-clicking the program icon/ Properties/ Run: start in Maximized, Normal or Minimized.

3. iacchos

iacchos Guest

OK? I know it, but this is not really the question. :(

Actually, it's not normal that iE always open a new window with the same size than the previous windows, even if this window is opened by a JavaScript code which affects the width and height of the window... At the beginning, I believed this was just a problem of IE 6. But I checked on another PC under XP, and the behavior was correct (correct size of a new window). Because a can also see this strange behavior with the calculator (same thing with media player when I change the skin) only in my PC, I guess there is a problem with my XP installation (corrupt registry database ??)...

4. -=LRK=-

-=LRK=- Guest

WinSize v1.6 Beta 1 is a dinosaur of a program, but I have used it since '96... and it still works too. No footprint, no slowdowns, all good.