Site Redesign

Should the OSNN website be redesigned?

• Total voters
I don't know how Electronic Punk feels, but I think that if a design is created by an outside party, it should still be Copyright osnn.net, so that if that person later on has a fallout with any of the admins, or the site they can't go "You are using my copyrighted design" and **** us over.

That will cost money...

I belive the rights would still belong to the designer. You'd really want a signed agreement witnessed by lawyers to be totally safe, which is where there money comes into the equation. Said volunteer may be perfeclty happy to design for free and provide for free. But if ever there's a fall out or disagreement of some kind....

Well here where I live, a verbal contract will hold up in court. So I am not sure if that counts with the site being out of state and country for that matter... haha.

But I think all the members here that are capable of doing this are cool enough and responsible enough not to pull any crap like that.

I belive the rights would still belong to the designer. You'd really want a signed agreement witnessed by lawyers to be totally safe, which is where there money comes into the equation. Said volunteer may be perfeclty happy to design for free and provide for free. But if ever there's a fall out or disagreement of some kind....
I know when we write code, as freelance, we are required to add a specified line just saying "Copyright (c) company name here mmm yyyy" and then they own it.

This would work for a site also, AFIK. Do that, no cost, everyone happy? :cool:

I know when we write code, as freelance, we are required to add a specified line just saying "Copyright (c) company name here mmm yyyy" and then they own it.

This would work for a site also, AFIK. Do that, no cost, everyone happy? :cool:

Yeah. I always request however that the code have my copyright on it, and that it is then used under a 2 clause BSD license.

Yeah. I always request however that the code have my copyright on it, and that it is then used under a 2 clause BSD license.
smart guy...

but if I and my colleagues did that they would simply not want the code and freeze existant product base functionality I think....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back