Site Finally Completed

Cool site.... your gif might be edited online if you do not have a program on your pc... i use -- http://www.gifworks.com/ also, if i might add-- your forum would probably blend with your site more if you would add a small logo at the top...

That is a cool tool, thanks.

I can use that to edit, but as I'm not well versed in graphics, what exactly would I do to it to allow a run-once and then freeze?

Also may have a logo on the forum, might be working on it soon.

usually you set the loop function when you create the logo...what tool did you use to make the logo?

I agree with lee, the black is too dark, even a lighter shade of grey would be better.

But otherwise a well laid out site.

Recompiled with a stop at the end.

Attachments

• Animation.gif
    Animation.gif
    129.5 KB · Views: 138
dont mean to be an ass, but i would have it stop when the star is done moving and shining and its just yellow (before it dims) if u know what i mean, i think that would look much better i dont have a gif editor on my pc right now so i cant do it, sorry

Edit: Derek, what happened to your blog

Here is another but this one stops with the whole name in it.

Attachments

• Animation1.gif
    Animation1.gif
    118.8 KB · Views: 135
Kush said:
Edit: Derek, what happened to your blog

took it down, don't feel like messing with it really..

American Zombie said:
Here is another but this one stops with the whole name in it.

That's awesome man, exactly what I wanted, thanks :)

rep +++

Mind giving me a pointer on how it was done?

Techno Child said:
usually you set the loop function when you create the logo...what tool did you use to make the logo?

I didn't make the logo, someone else did. I never really was talented with creative graphics and such :(

ohh well now u'll be spending more time at my blog ;)

AZ - I just put the updated graphic on my site. I think it does look much better without the ending loop. Rep given, thanks so much :)

kcnychief said:
Mind giving me a pointer on how it was done?

I used Jasc Animation Shop 3.

Removed the last two frames and then changed the looping to play one time instead of continuously.

much better site... changing the color theme to a slightly lighter shade would really help it... also making the menu's link stay highlighted when you are on it's page would really create a better atmosphere

Pretty sad that all I have had time to do lately is make the forum open in the same page :(

Thats too bad, Well your #1 member stays is still there. :)
I think the site is pretty good, I guess the color scheme could be lighter, if you are looking to appeal to older people, but who are your main customers?
I think anywhere from 35-18 or so wouldn't mind the black color scheme, older folks might not like it, they most usually like more professional lighter schemes...
Good though!

I guess I'll be the party pooper. Your HTML is not even close to compliant. You have half the tags in UPERCASE and half in lowercase, and there is no doctype declaration. Also you are using tables for layout, a personal pet peeve. I'd take a look here: http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

j79zlr said:
I guess I'll be the party pooper. Your HTML is not even close to compliant. You have half the tags in UPERCASE and half in lowercase, and there is no doctype declaration. Also you are using tables for layout, a personal pet peeve. I'd take a look here: http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

I can always count on you to be the party pooper, haha just kidding :p

I know my HTML is a mess, believe it or not it's on the list to clean it up. I hope to be getting a laptop soon, which I could then bring to work, so I can do some of this stuff when I'm there. I can't access the coding side of my stuff when I'm at work, so I never get a chance to do anything.

Thanks for the link and advice though, looks very useful :)

Vanquished said:
Thats too bad, Well your #1 member stays is still there. :)
I think the site is pretty good, I guess the color scheme could be lighter, if you are looking to appeal to older people, but who are your main customers?
I think anywhere from 35-18 or so wouldn't mind the black color scheme, older folks might not like it, they most usually like more professional lighter schemes...
Good though!

I like the color scheme and layout a lot because I feel it looks professional. Most of my customers are small business users, I don't deal with home users much anymore.

HTML was never my strongest skill, and I never pretended for it to be.

lol,
Im probably the worst of anyone, The only thing i can do is make sites with dreamweaver in the design section, not the coding :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back