Sisoft Sandra 2004 SP1

Discussion in 'Benchmarks & Performance' started by Mubbers, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

I used this application on my notebook PC.

Firstly is it any good (Sandra 2004 that is)? Secondly it's telling me that my memory bandwidth is rubbish (34%). The fix it recommends is increasing the speed settings etc... which may be set at ultra safe factory settings - eh?

Is this a wind up or is it actually telling me the truth? If it's possible to do so how do I increase said settings?

Mubbers

2. Mubbers

Incidently I found this BIOS tweak at: http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/bios/bios8.shtml

But sadly my BIOS does not include thisoption (or indeed virtually every other option mentioned in that guide ;)

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

That's usually the case with almost any laptop BIOS. Most options are restricted/removed to prevent people from overclocking or changing other settings that could potentially damage their machines.

4. Mubbers

Pah that's no fun :(

Anyway around this?

5. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Even if you found a way around the bios lockouts you don't want to. A laptop doesn't have adequate cooling to try overclocking. You can get away overclocking a Desktop/Tower because you have 4-6 fans in it. The laptop will cook.

As for Sandra 2004. There are things Sandra does that are good and there are things that I question.

How did you determine your bandwidth is only 34%?