Simple thing

J

Jiggy

Hi there.

I have a question. Nothing too difficult :). All I want to know is how do you get Windows Explorer to run with "My Computer" as the default folder it goes to when you run it. You know instead of it being the "My Documents."

Haven't had so much luck myself.

regards

jig

Here is a post from Dirk Diggler on another site:

Click "Start", go to "All Programs", go to "Accessories", and right-click "Windows Explorer", click "Properties", and in the "Target" box type or "Copy and Paste" the bold writing:-

1.) "My Computer" highlighted in left side with all drives visible but not expanded and C: highlighted in right side= %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,c:

2.) Desktop highlighted and nothing expanded = %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/n,/select,/root,c:

3.) All drives visible and the system drive highlighted and expanded in full screen = %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select

4.) All drives visible and the system drive expanded in small screen = %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,%systemroot%

5.) Only Windows Directory visible highlighted and expanded = %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,%systemroot%

6.) All drives visible but only C: highlighted and expanded = %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:

7.) Nothing expanded and My Computer highlighted in right side = %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n,/e,/select,

8.) Opens the Windows folder as a folder = %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe %systemroot%

9.) Opens as "My Computer" = %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe %systemroot%,

10.)This opens the Desktop folder with "My Computer" highlighted = %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe %systemroot%,/select,

11.) "Desktop" highlighted in the left side and no drives visible:-
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D},/select

12.) "My Computer" highlighted in left side and all drives visible but none expanded:-
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

Many thanks to XP Guru for the next one:-

13.) "Desktop" in left side highlighted and "My Computer" highlighted in right side and no drives visible:-
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back