Simcity 3000 Intro page flashy

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by dubstar, Jun 17, 2003.

1. dubstar

dubstar format c:

when i load up my Simcity 3000, the intro page (lets you pick from starter city, load city, preferances, ect) flashes, i think its the video card, but im not sure what i would do to get it right.

DX9.0a
    TNT 2 Pro 64mb
    1152by864 resolution
    32bit highest color quality

drivers are as up to date as windowsupdate.com will get them
    theres no option to turn down vidoe quality

*my girlfriends computer is an old PII, hers is definitly older than mine, but plays the intro screen better than mine.*

btw: the intro page is just flat surfaces which when you mouse-over they start to wave, and the verticle lines that get all fuzzy occure the entire time mouse-over or not.. goes away in the game though... any help?

tia

2. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Not sure what is wrong, but you may want to find the latest drivers for your GFX card from the manufacturer's website.
    I done this to fix the fuzzy image i got on some other game I tried to run.

3. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

windows update drivers tend to blow slightly - especially for nvidia cards. I recommend getting drivers from http://www.nvidia.com and giving them a go. alternatively, turn down the colour depth to 16bit colour - I cant honestly see that 32bit is going to do an awful lot except cut fps on a tnt2 graphics card (I've had one myself in the past to know this).

4. dubstar

dubstar format c:

weird, i just installed Simcity 4000 that i got from ebay, and it works perfectly.. wayy better than 3000.