Sim City 4 [::experience::]

ya i got that too but it still didnt work, i put it on opengl, didnt work, i put it on the software rendering, didnt work... i am gonna try changing it with the new nvidia drivers... thanks for reminding me about that

Just remember to uninstall the old ones first...
I forgot it once...:( ...and well, you can guess the result..:huh:

I hope it will solve the problem for you...I hate it when you can't get a games started, something you've been looking forward to, and you can't put your finger on what has to be done to fix it...:confused:

Or EA has a new solution....

Question:
My system restarts when I start the game. I have a GeForce video card.

Answer:
Try disabling the anti-aliasing feature on your video card.

1. Right click anywhere on the desktop
2. Select the properties option.
3. Click to the settings tab.
4. Click on the Advanced option.
5. Click on the Nvidia Tab.
6. Under the performance and quality settings slide the anti-aliasing slider to the left until it is off.
7. Try running the game now.

Always try...

Good luck! :happy:

Just thinking...probably a stupid idea..but ...

I wonder if Sim City 4 uses Indeo...(for the opening & ingame movies)? Without it (if needed ) the game won't start.
Happened for me with "Cossacks".

And if you have a SP1 version of Windows XP it has been removed, And it can be downloaded from Ligos...which I did when I had those problems with "Cossacks"..then it worked!

Just a thought....:huh:

WOWY it worked never crashed or anything...im gonna start playing it tomorrow more and see what happens, what i did was i installed the new nvidia drivers and put it on the software rendering setting like that ea letter said. the graphics arent as good but i have my settings put down to nothing. ill put them up tomorrow but im really tired and stressed... thanks agian guys i owe u guys one!!!!

Seeking Up is DX 9 a requirement?
I'm asking because when i Installed it on my PC some games like CS started working actually worst.
if its not a requirement maybe you should try going back to 8.

lol :D no problem, i was gonna do that if all else fails. thanks agian guys for everything :happy:

bad news once agian, i can play it on the games rendering software but i cant use it on opengl or directx. was wondering if you guys could figure that out.

I've had all the SimCity games and I have to say,this is by far the most difficult one,citybuilding wise. Not as easy as the others by a long shot. Graphics are great compared to previous ones. My favorite thing about this one is the regions are buildable and can connect to other regions.

P.S. I have the latest Video drivers from Nvidia(Detonators) and they work fine,haven't crashed yet,a little laggy when the city gets big and been running for a long time,but that's about it.

hmm.. i was wondering if sc4 dun run on a powerful machine such as u had Seeking Up.. :D

How 'bout plugging one of the ram stick out and see if its work or exchange the slot?

i'm outta idea to help u. Sorry 'bout that.

ya im out of ideas too, i dont know what to do i think i just gotta sit here and wait till they make a damn patch

oh ya btw thanks agian for you ideas they have been very helpfull

i get the freezing to, or random restarts, sometimes during hte game, most of the time when i quit and save and go to the region view though, see sig for sys info
i love the game, me and my lil pro have work up a population of about 10,000 so far... the trip is to not listen to your sims for the first few years, only buy stuff that brings in tax revenue(ie industry, commercial, and residential) the more people, the more money, as long as you have jobs, never stop zoning residential, they may say they want schools and clinics, but only buy them once you start making $400and up, takes a while, but thats the easiest way not to get into debt after playing for 15 minutes...
i build in this order:
power
industrial
about 4 blocks worth of houses to begin with
commercial(between houses and jobs, but leave a buffer for the industry, comerce and residents hate polution)
roads, not streets, between everything
after i start making more money then i spend(after your residents give enough taxes)then make ONE clinic
same for water
same for schools
i don't worry about crime, you still have pie throwers and nudity even with a police station, so don't waste your money, and fires happen so rarly i don't place one till it happens
then expand your education.... get better jobs

One city I have has residential and commercial, and a city right next to it has all my industries. This way, the industries can be very close to the commercial and residential areas because the pollution doesn't cross city boundries.

Insert pic's with your city's .. will be more interesting :confused: .. I'll attach one as fast I'll customize my city :)

posted by

One city I have has residential and commercial, and a city right next to it has all my industries. This way, the industries can be very close to the commercial and residential areas because the pollution doesn't cross city boundries.

i've never tried it out b4, are we able to control 2 city at the same time? Since u said that one city for R and Co and another 1 for I.

LoL.. i saw ur comment at Themes :cool:

One last choice is to do a format or try running ur SC4 at a different OS. Mine works "more greatly" in Win98 rather than in XP pro

Originally posted by Nedreplan
Been playing, and I must say it is really fun :happy:

Really good graphics..and I not so easy..that is good.

:)

Yah! Me too, Simcity 4 is a great challenge and I think it's going to be taking over the time I had set aside for "The Sims" :blink:

How is everyone doing in the game.

Here are my first citys stats.

Pop: 35,000
Taxs: 7.0%
Education: High
Pollution: Low/Moderate Near the power plants.
Health: High
Fire/Police: High
Total Money: 350,000$

I spend about 12,400 and make about 12,700.

At one point I was making 2,000$ a month but I put most of that money into Fire/Health/Edu/Police. And tax cuts.

The city is doing really well. Though I don't know what that strange aura comming from the advanced research center is. My sims want Solar Power but the only way I can afford it is by raising taxes to 7.2%.

Start

Top Down

Aura 1

Aura 2

Shipping

So how are you guys doing? I guess it's time I start a new city next to this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back