Sim City 3000

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ssedgman, Jan 1, 2002.

1. ssedgman

ssedgman Guest

I have just installed SimCity 3000 and when I click on the shortcut nothing happens, running the exe file for the game doesn't work, the egg timer displays for a couple of seconds and thats is, can anyone help?

2. Detonator

Detonator OSNN Addict

Okay,I'll installedit on my system,and it runs fine,so it's not an Xp system problem(hopefully!).So these are my ideas;
    -Reinstall the game.The .exe file may be corrupt,or something.This sometimes helps.
    -Download any patches available for it.You may be having some problem I'm not.
    -Apply the dreaded Program Compatibility Wizard to the .exe file.This seems like a hit-or-miss option ,though.

That's all I can think of.Hope it helps.

3. image2

image2 Guest

The same thing happens with The Sims Hot Date. If you are running multiple users, ie you have to click a name for windows to log in, you must log in as Administrator. On WinXP Prof hit CTRL,ALT,DELETE twice at the logon screen. Then username: Aministrator and Password: whatever you set up when installed. Then it may work, it did for Hot Date. Although I am not sure if that works or is needed on WinXP Home Edition, as I only have Prof...