Silly question about chip sets

G-Money

Big Air
What motherboard has the SOYO Dragon chipset ?

Correct me if Im wrong on any of this. But I was reading about chipsets on motherboards and it said that the SOYO Dragon was the way to go if you have a Nvidia video card.

If this is ture, what brand am I looking for ?

Thanks

:cool:

It's not a chipset I didn't think? the soyo Dragon IS a mobo :p

The Soyo dragons use the Via KT266 chipset which is pretty much the performance leader...straight from soyo's website

D DR SDRAM

R AID controller on board

A udio on board, with 6-chanel Hardware Audio

G raphic, Universal AGP Pro slot

O verclocking, setup FSB by 1MHz increment

N etwork, 10/100 Mbps Ethernet

thats ya dragon :)

Back in super socket 7 days, nvidia cards used to hate ALI chipsets, but know apart from the occasional duff update all nvidia cards seem to work with just about any board.

Asus A7V266-E RAID Audio 266MHz FSB

Chipset:
· VIA KT266A Chipset (KT8366 North Bridge with VT8233 South Bridge).

I take it then this MOBO is a dragon chip set, right ?

This is the one I was looking to get !

Thanks to everyone for the replys.

:cool:

OMG!! SWEEt ASS MOBO!!!! if only it had Nforce built in for audio and graphics...it would make a sweet small server WITH games. hehe...and overclocking by 1mhz increments? thats massive!

I just bought a Dragon Plus!. MAKE SURE YOU BUY THE PLUS VERSION. THere is an enormous performance dfference between the Dragon and Dragon Plus!. The Plus has a revision 2 chipset (KT266A), which does offer a considerable performance increase.

JJB6486

no no famine...you missed the point..DRAGON is NOT a chipset!

DRAGON is a motherboard made by SOYO...it uses the VIA KT266 chipset...

The board you are lookin at uses the same chipset, but it is NOT a DRAGON...if you want a dragon goto www.soyo.com and choose america on the site map and then goto products and you can look at the dragon boards that are availible :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back