Silent Storm 2: Totally refreshing - sweet game

V

Vorpal

Getting tired of the same old game? Ha... I was.

If you haven't heard of this one it's a lot like (similar to):
X-Com: UFO DEFENCE
Jagged Alliance

It's a squad combat turn based game, witha WWII theme. WWII can sound kind of boring lately with all the WWII themed FPS's. But this thing has it all... from snipers to grenaders to heavy weapons experts to assasins (amazing how many ways that it's possible to clear a map).

I've been playing this game now for a couple of days and I'm sucked into it like a crack addict. It has pretty good 3D graphics. It has ragdoll physcis for sweet killshots. Best of all, everything on a map can be destroyed.

You can blow a door apart with a BAR and then throw a grenade inside.. (etc etc). All characters build up weapon stashes and gain experience like RPG characters (you have a squad).

I just totally love this one....
(there is a demo)

Here's a list of preview/reviews and also the demo link:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/557924.asp

It sounds so great! I just got the game, so I'm installing it now. This gameplay style, since it is really different, is not for everyone; it's a game style you either love or hate, with no middle ground. Personally, I'm pretty sure I'll love it :cool: I played X-Com so very long ago on a 486 DX2 66MHz! This is definitely a step up in graphics! Can't wait.

I've not palyed it yet but it doesn't hold the same appeal as X-com Apocalypse or UFO: Aftermath does (I suppose I prefer hunting aliens than humans)

Are the missions selectable from a map like Apocalypse or UFO?

Originally posted by Dublex
I've not palyed it yet but it doesn't hold the same appeal as X-com Apocalypse or UFO: Aftermath does (I suppose I prefer hunting aliens than humans)

Are the missions selectable from a map like Apocalypse or UFO?

Yes, there is a map... like a "Risk" map of Europe.

I'd put Xcom as one of my top 3 games of all time, but I bought Apocalypse and it's really horrible.

Also, this game is nothing like Commandos. I like Commandos 1 and 2, but Commandos 3 was a total piece of crap.

The 3D on this game is better than anything else. The bodies have full ragdoll effects. There's a ton of different ways to accomplish a mission.

Try the demo :)

I did - must have mixed it up with another game. Is this the one where the chaacter has a green outline and graphics look smudged?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back