signature linkage

400 GB a month.

It all depends on wether we have some new **** that attracts a lot of users.

Wow, thats not as much as I would have guessed. But anways.. not trying to hijack the thread. :)

I do think that the guidlines should be updated with a clear explantion and perhaps even an example. I think a lot of people dont understand what it means so they just ignore it all together.

v3 users by any chance? :lick:

That was a noticeable jump a while back. Especially when they came here in droves.

Back on topic, yes the guideline should be changed to be clearer, even-though to anyone with a bit of technological insight it makes sense.

Back on topic, yes the guideline should be changed to be clearer, even-though to anyone with a bit of technological insight it makes sense.

Hmm... it's been misinterpreted for good reason. "Linking off" and "linking away" can easily be interchanged, though they could both be interpreted differently. I've always read "linking off" as "linking away," and I'm not the only one. It could be a legitimate rule to prevent people from leaving the site prematurely, but now it's obvious that was not the original intention.

X-Istence said:

Well to be honest I dont think thats a fair assumption. I have an above average amount of technical experience and I did not really understand it. Not until it was explained in a different way. So I think its just a matter of communication, the wording just needs to be tweaked a bit and I think it will be fine.

Well to be honest I dont think thats a fair assumption. I have an above average amount of technical experience and I did not really understand it. Not until it was explained in a different way. So I think its just a matter of communication, the wording just needs to be tweaked a bit and I think it will be fine.

I totally agree. The interpretation has no correlation with technical insight.

Too many fancy words in this thread for my liking, stop it!

Does need to be clearer, but what it means is if that you upload an attachment to osnn, don't use it elsewhere, its an old pre-vb3 rule actually but was to save bandwidth when that was an issue.
Oooooooooh,I've always understood it to mean what Sir EP said above.
So do I have technological insight then? I feel quite proud now cause you others who misunderstood don't have any so nah :cheeky:

Attachments

• nelson.gif
    nelson.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 83
someone MOVE this thread!

I have only scanned the latter posts, but the way I read it maybe it's more of a NightRider issue - or maybe even the uber exclusive mods only? - since it is basically discussing the guidelines and rules and changes that might be considered.....

Not to mention all the wit and bandinage being spread about with a certain amount of bonhommie! (Can I say that here? :p )

Not sure what bonhommie is, must be some UK term :eek:

No need to move IMO, members are free to voice their opinions on the current rules and guidelines. It's all about co-Xistence :lick:

Nah, no need to move it - I am always happy to discuss and ammend rules.

Except my restraining order on Henyman, that one is not up for debate.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back