shutdown shortcut

T

theauditors

I recently tried out one of the shutdown shortcuts spoken about on various parts of this website...

the whole %system32%\windows\shutdown.exe -s or whatever (I can't remember the specifics

anyway, when I use it, instead of totally turning off my computer like Start->Turn off-> Shutdown does, it goes to the "it is now safe to turn off your computer" screen

how do I get it not to?

Originally posted by catch23
Go to your Power Options, then the APM tab....check Enable Advanced Power Management.
:( Huh
not got that tab ????
powertabs.JPG

sorry catch I'm still not with you
can you be a bit more specific
like a total idiots walkthrough guide
pretty please with cherrys on top
dont know if it makes any difference but I'm looking at the control panel using classic view.
(cant see the wood for trees)
Help me catch your my only hope
;-)

don't think my bios has that option - I've got a really cheap mobo with only the very basic options - which hasn't been messed with since I bought it.
Ah well no great loss
prefer to hit power button
;-)

I may not have made this clear before, but when I click Start -> Turn off -> Shut down, the computer actually shuts down by itself. And I'm wondering why this doens't happen with the shortcut...surely acpi is enabled if it normally turns off completely from the start menu

It's the shorcut that closes down that way. Don't know if there is a way around it.

Hipster is correct (as usual) . If you use the shortcut you will have to power down manually. Someone posted an alternate shortcut a while back that purported to go all the way to power down, but I don't know anyone who got it to work.

My head has just gone like grinders avatar. :eek:

I use that shortcut because it reminds me to turn off the power switch at the plug.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back