Shutdown/Restart command in Win2000

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Rebs, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Rebs

Rebs Guest

any 1 knows the shutdown and restart line command for windows 2000? I need it to create a shortcut. 10x

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Put this command in the Command Console:

shutdown.exe /?

A list options you can use is displayed in screen.

3. Rebs

Rebs Guest

The command prompt you mean?

It says "shutdown.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

10x anyway...

Any more ideas out there?

4. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

try SHUTDOWN /L /T:10 /Y /C but you do need the win2k resource kit. other wise i'm pretty sure there isn't one

5. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

there is no shutdown command in win2k the kernel does not use or know that command(safty feature of some kind). I searched for months to find a way to do it and nothing It would make my life easier if I could shut down faster to make it to the elevator.....I even posted it on here a couple of times. :( don't know if what Khayman said works or not never installed the resourse kit since I'm using win2k at work.

6. Rebs

Rebs Guest

10x guys I appreciate the inputs. If it can't be done then it can't be done. I was just exploring the possibility as I have shutdown/restart shortcuts for Win XP. I thought there was also a way to do the same thing in Win2k.

7. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

This should work cause i have used it my self (and then forgot about it)

it runs from the command line. run it with /? (psshutdown/?) to get the full list of commands

8. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Try SHUTGUI.EXE from the NT Resource Kit.

Kind regards,
    Willem Moolenaar

9. Rebs

Rebs Guest

Once again 10x to all you guys who have shared your inputs here.
    It is much appreciated. Special 10x to Khayman for the little proggy. I now have a working shortcut for shutdown and restart!!! You're just great man!! 10x... :)

vdubVR6, this proggy from Khayman can also help you catch that elevator so help yourself ;)