Shutdown Icon - Need Help!

V

Vorpal

I've made shutdown and restart "shortcut" icons for my desktop as per the tweaks on this site.

For the shutdown Icon - I used this:
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00"

The problem is I have APM enabled and a normal shutdown will turn off the computer.

However, my shortcut icon will only bring the system down to the screen: "it is now safe to turn off your computer".

I tried looking at the options for shutdown.exe (shutdown /?) and did not see anything related.

Thanks for any help

ok, this isn't a solution...but you can always just set your power button on your comp if it is a newer comp to do a shutdow...anytime I want to shut down I just hit the power button and bam, shutdown runs and the comp turns off..just as easy as a icon :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back