Show your support!!

Taggert_LOA said:
I'm Tired of being asked to give my money away. My president did it for me. 350 million dollars to some half assed third world country who could give two øøøøs about me or my problems. we give money away so freely to other nations yet give LOANS to people who lost their homes in florida and other states affected by the hurricanes. what about the people who lost their homes and loved ones to the mud slides in california? Where was asia or the UN when the twin towers fell in NYC? the only blue i saw was the NYPD and NYFD digging in the rubble. 350 million dollars could go a long way to replacing alot of homes here in the us instead of some øøøøty straw thatched roof and rickshaw half-way around the world. A cashier at pathmark asked me recently if i wanted to donate a dollar to the tsunami relief. My answer was and always will be. Let em swim.

350 million, now made closer to a billion.

Whats worse?:
Policing the world with greed?
or Policing the world with generosity.

i like the latter.

You have to think outside the box every now and then.

Why try to clean someone else's house when yours looks like øøøø? When are we going to take care of our own? when will we say enough is enough? the national debt is almost a trillion dollars gas prices are almost 2 dollars a gallon the economy is in the øøøøter. genorosity? how do you tell someone else how to wipe their ass when your underwear are clad with øøøø stains? We need to stop policing the world and take care of america, because if our national debt continues to grow we ourselves will become a third world country. Where did bush get the balls to so freely give away our money? He make 600,000 dollars a year to dick around on his texas ranch! I am amazed at the level of complacency of some people. Think outside the box? Give me a good reason to.

bush has helped dig a grave for north america.

when the initial estimates of the disaster came in (i believe it was 20 000 dead), bush was still stuffing his face with his longhorn christmas dinner.

then somebody advised him that it might be advantageous to actually give a $hit about the world for once, instead of putting holes in it.

As for oil prices, its estimated that the global supply of oil will peak in 2010. after that it will fall until it is gone forever / simply unprofitable to realize. so if you think 2 dollars a gallon, wait till its 4 dollars.

the task of 'solving' terrorism is far too great for his administration. He has caused so much instability in the world, and i suppose it has come at quite a cost. Giving money to people affected by the tsunami disaster is a mild price to pay for all of the stupid mistakes bush / other administrations have made.

jimi_81 said:
so if you think 2 dollars a gallon, wait till its 4 dollars.

He guys, come live in England for a while. We're happy the price of petrol has just come down to an average of £0.79 PER LITRE. :mad: That currently work out at approx $7 / gallon. No big gas guzzling cars for us. We can't afford to run them. :dead:

I've seen 1-2 people wearing that at my school.

jimi_81 said:

Whats worse?:

i like the latter.

i like the way you think, its good to be positive like that, i bet you are a very calm person and try to always deal with people in a calm manner, ( somtimes u cant, i know) im like you haha, its good to always be positive

DwarfData said:
He guys, come live in England for a while. We're happy the price of petrol has just come down to an average of £0.79 PER LITRE. :mad: That currently work out at approx $7 / gallon. No big gas guzzling cars for us. We can't afford to run them. :dead:
feel sorry for you dude, we pay £.15 for a litre, and actually were not paying, the companies here pay for your gas, but saudi arabia isnt the cheapest place for gas, in egypt its cheaper but not as clean, cuz the government helps the people by making it cheaper so people can afford it, but also i think it was kuwait where it was cheaper, it was cheaper here too about 3 or 4 years ago it cost about £.10 until they raised the price.

I wish we were only charged $2 a gallon At the current prices we are paying over $7 a gallon albeit our gallon is 4.5 litres instead of 3.785 litres. i think that us brit are getting ripped off left right and center. And as for the tsunami relief, i have to work and pay for insurance to compensate me for any tragedy so why should we. Also we have to pay for all these illegal immigrants coming to britain and they are handed houseing benefits and what ever they want at the expense of the tax payer, more charity wasted on others but not our own.

Gas prices in the US *NEED* to go up. I am sorry to say this but the pople who drive the big POS's and fuel guzzlers can stick it. @ 26MPG between work and back I will keep driving my car.

/leaves

Comparing the rising US gas prices to those in the UK might not be a fair comparison though. Some things to consider:

- The relative sizes of the respective countries, and just how much travelling one has to do. In the US, about 10,000 to 12,000 miles is common. However, as there are many people who live in the country...

- Where my parents live (they retired in Maine), it isn't uncommon to find town centers that are like 3 houses and 1 store... Leave that, and one's back in the boonies, until they reach the next town.

I've known people who with work, and what they need to do around the state (my mother gets a fair amount of driving with all the work she does for her church, and around the state and beyond), one can be dealing with 40,000 miles per year.

To where my parents live, the nearest town of any real size (Camden, ME) is about 4 miles away, but when I was there only had a summer population of 5,000 people (about 20,000 in summer, with both tourists, and also quite a number of people who only lived there in the warmer half the year, but moved down to Florida and what not, to escape the winters). Most things, one has to travel farther...

Where I live (Albuquerque, NM), school is 13 miles away, when I lived with my parents (after they retired), when I started going to college, I was sometimes travelling about 60 miles to class, then 60 miles back again (depending on which campus I had to go to, to get the classes I needed). That wasn't uncommon there, and out of the cities...

- Public transportation sucks in many areas of the US (or in many areas is totally non-existent). Here, the bus service by my appt complex is a commuter route (only runs twice in the morning, and twice at night). By the cross street, it runs only once every 70 minutes, and ends about 6 pm (at lattest). A road with more liveable service (20 mins apart) is about a 10-14 minute walk away. Weekends, are worse, where the times between buses (no commuters run) can be almost double their weekly run times...

Where my parents retired, public transportation is completely non-existent. I'm not sure they could feasible work any sort of system out in the country, anyhow.

jimi_81 said:

Whats worse?:

i like the latter.

yup good thinking. and i just want to add that its easier for americans to donate cuz we are more financially stable (not trying to brag) but in other countries its hard for ppl to find a job so they shouldn't have to donate cuz they are suffering as it is. so we shouldn't be selfish when we have it so good

themafia_69 said:
i like the way you think, its good to be positive like that, i bet you are a very calm person and try to always deal with people in a calm manner, ( somtimes u cant, i know) im like you haha, its good to always be positive

i hoping there isnt a hint of sarcasim in your msg :)

Im Canadian.

about the gas prices..

their is a statistic as to how much the USA consumes each year, and its ugly.
When the global oil supply diminishes... how will poorer nations be able to adapt new infrastructures to support new technologies for heating, electricity, and transportation. They cant.

If gas prices piss you off then take public transit, walk or ride a bike. A hummer goes 600 km on a 190 litre tank. Everytime you see on of those on the road you have to question the motive for spending 200 dollars a week on gas. Last time i checked, North American roads were pretty decent. Im sure no one needs to drive through a 5 foot stream of water, or plow through a tree.

Neil Young said it and sang it best. Keep on rockin in the free world.

DwarfData said:

its between $0.75 and $0.85/l here.

30 bucks a week to fill up my 1990 POS Toyota Corolla

I spend about $26 a week to fill up my 2000 Grand Prix GTP. I will admit, compared to some of those prices posted, I'm happy. But I definitely agree, newer means of fuel need to be discovered ASAP.

Whattaya talking about , George Bush is the Prez. We are going to open up Alaska for more drillilng and renegotiate the pacts for offshore drilling, just you watch!

ShepsCrook said:
I spend about $26 a week to fill up my 2000 Grand Prix GTP. I will admit, compared to some of those prices posted, I'm happy. But I definitely agree, newer means of fuel need to be discovered ASAP.

40+ years of research has gone into developing fuel cell technology.
now we need a cheap way to make hydrogen...and a cheap way of implementing new infrastructures to replace old ones.

a quick conversion of metric to old style imperial units... in canada we pay around $3.20/gal. damn.

haha, i forgot to tell you guys, in egypt all the taxi's run on natural gas, they have huge tanks in the trunk and they fill for about 3 dollars a tank and get like 200 km on a tank its funny u see at a gas station a long line at the natural gas pump, all taxis

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back