should i reinstall xp?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by the_music_man, Sep 11, 2002.

1. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

hey theres this kinda weird thing when i press alt control delete....it looked regular at first but now when i press it, the box is weird and you know that thing that has the CPU power usage and stuff....well there are no tabs anymore. should i reinstall windwos xp b/c i don't like looking at this weird box when i presss control alt delete.

2. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

try a repair install, keep in mind that you will have to reinstall sp1 also if you have done that

Brad

3. allan

allan Guest

Just double-click anywhere on the window border of the Task Manger. What you are looking at is the Simple View.

xxbigeyedfishxx - you really should be careful about suggesting a reload when it isn't necessary.

4. ToronadoXP

ToronadoXP Blade Runner

DON'T repair install this happened to me to once before. All you have to do is double click on it. I was freakin out for a few minuites but once i realized how easy it was i felt stupid. OH well that should fix it :)

5. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

LOL I DOUBLED CLICKED IT! YAY IT WORKS!!!! lol i was about to re install just now....then i was like....."i should post this on ntfs.org

6. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

oops....heh sorry

Brad

7. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Also with the TaskManager sometimes the Tabs can become hidden if you are using a custom theme. Most of them dont do this but just change the theme and all will be fixed.
    Thought I would post that so that people dont reinstall because the tabs dont show up.