Should I, or shouldn't I ?? D-Link G604T or D-link DI-524 ???

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I am thinking about purchasing this router modem combo : http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=372 : It's a d-link g604t. Would this be a good choice ?? I plan to get rid of the netgear I have, it's a wgt634u. If this don't work I was thinking about getting a d-link di-524.

I'm not sure if the router modeom combo will work with verizon dsl or not .. Also, Fios is supposed to be in our area with in the next couple of months. So what would anyone here do ??

I wouldnt

get a NetGear, trust me I have deployed D-Link routers at clients houses and they can be a real pain in the arse to get setup, plus if you get a wireless one they dont have the most compliant wireless implementation, for example some of the AirPort wifi cards cant see them at all, neither can some other cards. I really recommend NetGear, granted you pay a little more, but you do get better quality hardware.

hmmm .. What netgear works good with external ftps ?? This wgt634u won't allot me to use one at all .. I been reading a lot of revies about the DI-524, they all say it is good .. Some do have probs with it, but the majority say it runs great great. Works very well with wireless laptops and such as well ..

MFG and I have the DSL G604T and it's fine. If you want netgear look for the DG864 ( i think thats the one)

I have a NetGear DG834 and a DG814, both work fine with external ftps

O.k, I got the external FTP to work with my Netgear router. I will not be getting a d-link now :) .. Man I love netgear, they make linksys look like trailer trash: No offense to anyone who lives in a trailer, lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back