Should I cut holes?

C

Chensu

Hi, thanks everyone for your input on previous posts, :) much apreciated.

Im currently going through the RMA process with the supplier, so while the case is empty, I wondered if I should cut out the case grill type parts that cover where intake/outtake fans can be fitted.

Would this give any benefit, would it cut down on the fan noise?

Thanks ;)

Chensu

I would not cut out anything until you have what is going to be placed there... cause if you screw it up (holes too big) you can't fix it. :cool:

But if it's the actual place where the fans once sat then cutting out the grill area will not change anything as to noise levels. Unless there was a vibration problem. Then it my be due to lose assemblies or something like that. Otherwise I myself do not see any benifits to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back