shortcut for shutdown?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by vdubVR6, Jul 15, 2002.

1. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

:D okay i have a shortcut at home that lets me shutdown windows xp pro. but i want a shortcut for work that will let me do the same only it will be on windows 2000 pro. so if anyone out there knows how to make a shortcut to shutdown Windows 2000 pro please let me know.......:( it would make my life so much easier at the end of the day when it comes time to catch the elevator if i didnt have to wait to shutdown.

Many Thanks
  2. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

:( anyone know if it can even be done.
  3. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

man no one knows how to make a shortcut in win2k to shutdown the pc. how bout a reg key entry or something, anything.....= (
  4. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Birmingham, UK
    shutdown -s 00 <-- immediate shutdown..

6 secs b4 i shut down

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    I like the lock pc option, simply create a new shortcut with:

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

6. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

thx guys 4 postin i didnt think n e 1 would just bc i was speakin bout win2k(only@work of course),... madmatt i already use that little trick for when i go to lunch = ) i love it, keeps my fellow coworkers from peakin on my chiot,..........and MdSalih im gonna test your lil trick tues. @ work and see if it works..hope so, save me time and an elevator battle......neways thx

7. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

:( nope MdSalih didnt work "shutdown -s 00" not a valid win2k command turns out win2k doesnt have a "shutdown" command. guess they named it something else? i dunno o'well thx 4 trying!!!