Shockwave problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by zapoqx, Jul 28, 2005.

1. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

I am having a problem with the Shockwave player and I don't know what else to do.

I have uninstalled it and re-installed it. I tried disabling StyleXP. It isn't working. I don't know what else it could be.

When I go into something that uses Macromedia Shockwave Player (such as a game for the most part), within a few seconds (unless i'm in menu's), it will crash (weather its a shockwave exe or if its a internet).

When it crashes, I check the modname it refers to and I find it refers to iml32.dll which seems to be located in Windows/system32/Macromed/Shockwave 10

Is there a fix?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  2. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

scan for spyware. use both microsoft anti spywear beata and adaware. (at seperate times). then completly unisntall the player del any left over folders for it then reboot then reinstall.

3. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

You could try uninstalling shockwave.
    Then go into safe mode (F8 at boot) and run a search for iml32.dll. Delete all the copies you come across, reboot, and install shockwave again.

4. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

I tried your suggestions and it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?
    Is it possible it can be caused by codecs? I know that when I used Windows Movie Maker, it was a problem with one of the codec. If so, is it possible that I can disable it from Java?

5. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

I have now noticed it is becoming an issue with not that dll file anymore, but now with npswf32.dll
    So it seems it fixed the iml32.dll issue. What is going on?