Sharing devices

W

Womble

Hi,
I've got a Wheel and a Joystick, both non-usb. What I want to do is connect them both, say via a splitter cable, so that whichever game I want to play, I don't have to fiddle behind my desk in the morass of cables lurking there.
Problem is that XP will not let me assign more than one device to a port and I only have the one gameport - the one that's on my soundcard.
It would be OK if they both had the same button/axis/pov configuration, but they don't.
Can someone advise me as to the best (and preferably cheapest ) way to get this working ?

Thanks,
Womble

Hmm you'd have to look around for this one. At my old school we had a special breakout box set up that connected a joystick, and a wheel together at a simulation workstation for our graphics art dept I set it all up, but it had specialized software to do it, so don't know how you could do it by default :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back