Sharemonkey Speedup ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ZAnwar, Dec 28, 2002.

1. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

Is this program good?

I am using it and I would give it a 5/10.

It doesn't take my speed up high, my speed is still roaming around 3KB or less in Kazaa Lite.

2. Eck

Eck .user

I've never came across a "speed up your internet" program that actually worked. Period.

3. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

I am talking about Speeding up Kazaa Lite.

4. Eck

Eck .user

Did your download speed increase in Kazaa Lite? I bet not. Probably doesn't work.

5. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

It doesnt matter if its web browsing, KaZaA or checking your pop3 e-mail.
    Its all just a data stream going through your modem, and you cant make it any faster than it is, simple as that really :)

6. enonemoose

enonemoose Guest

This is a bit old now but you have a misconception as to how it speeds up your Kazaa downloads. It does work. By checking for more sources on a customized timer you can make better use of your available bandwidth and download a file more quickly. So, Sharemonkey Speedup CAN in fact reduce the time it takes to get a file.

Remember we are talking P2P here which means the number of hosts supplying the file AND the bandwidth they have controls how fast you will receive anything. Of course your bandwidth comes into play if the remote hosts offer more than you can handle. There is no claim to speed up anything else and it doesn't make any false claims.