Setting up my FTP server

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I am trying to set up BulletProof FTP Server V2.15. Everything is going fine and a couple of users have connected and accessed one of my partitions, no problem. My question is, I am having trouble trying to get the users access to a second maybe even a third partition on my setup, cannot seem to understand what to do. I am trying to follow to online guide for this, but I guess I am not smart enough for the guide. Can someone please explain to me a more simpler way of doing this? Thanks in advance.....

Heeter

I've got an older version (G6FTP, before the name change) but I think it may be the same.

Basically, you'll need to make a shortcut from their "home" path to the second partition. In the user prefs there'll be a path that is red. That's their home path. Create a shortcut to the other partition/directory and they'll see when they log on. There's also another setting, not sure if it under genreal or the user's setting, that allows "map shortcuts" or something similar. I'm not at home to look at it, so I'll reply later on the details.

Again, I'm using an older version, but think it would be similiar regardless.

-Ryandor

just go Advanced and use ServU 4.1 and let it do it for you..when you set up the User...then Home Directory...you can also just browse to the other Partitions..and just add it to there Permissions List...

Yeah, sounds like I need some assistance here. I am quite confused as to what this program needs.

Thanks for the help so far.

Heeter

If you are wanting to have one account have access to multiple partitions/drives/folders, you will need to create a link file.
First off, make sure that the user has access permissions to the second partition/drive/folder. I'll call it F:\FTP_Stuff. Once the user has access to F:\FTP_Stuff, open up notepad to create a link text file. You first put down what you want the second folder to be called on the FTP (I'll say Stuffins). You then put a | (pipe) followed by the path for the folder. Here's how it should look.
Stuffins | F:\FTP_Stuff\
Save that text file someplace that's NOT shared by the FTP. I usually put it in BulletProof's program folder. (C:\Program Files\G6 FTP Server\)
Next, open up BulletProof and go to "Setup User Accounts". Select the account then go to "Links & Messages" on the left. Check "Links to add to directories:", select "Treat as Virtual Directories (mounted into home directory)". Check "Add links from this file:" and select the links text file you just created. Check "Resolve windows shortcuts (.lnk files)". Hit OK and all should be set. Hope this makes sense. :p

Serv-u will allow you to do all that in the prog making it easier .. With BulletProof you have to use text files ..

So go advanced and Get Serv-U ;)

Hi Guys,

That helped much better than the online guide. Thanks Zyfos, that is what I needed, a no nonsense step by step guide. Now it is working beautifully. I really am interested in working with bare bones programs so I can learn from them, so at least I know how it is done. Thanks again Zyfos and the rest of you.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back