SETI@home

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by ming, Oct 22, 2004.

1. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Hello people. Not sure how many of you know about SETI@home or are already taking part in the program. I understand that a number of you are already on the Folding@home program and have contributed a lot to it.

For those who are interested, I've created a team for OSNN on the SETI program so people can join.
    Not sure why I can't search for the OSNN team on the site itself, but here is a link to the team stats page for those who may experience the same problem that I have.

TEAM PAGE: http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=OSNN

The original application itself can be found here. You can choose to download the GUI version (3.08) for the command-line client.
    However, I have found another client (called MultiSeti) which some of you may be interested in using as it allows you to cache extra Work Units on to your machine saving you from connecting to the server every time you finish 1 WU. You will still need the command-line client to use this alternative and you will also find many add-ons available on the SETI@home website for the command-line client.

JOINING THE TEAM
    On the Team page (link above) you will need to click on the Join option at the top of the page. Here, you will be asked to enter your username (your email address) and a Password.

Feel free to join the search for ET. I've recently got back into it after a 5 year break. :p

2. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Doh another team I'm unable to join. :( I use to run seti 24/7 but now I do UD as I find it has more of a real world effect for me now.

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I ran SETI for about 4 years straight, but i havn't used it for a while now as it was making my CPU run too hot (since it runs at 100% all the time)
    A little tip though, get the command line version (for windows) it processes faster than the screensaver version. I also used to the use a pre-cacher

4. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

I run SETI nearly full time and use SetiQueue. But I am already on a team for my car club.

5. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

You can join the OSNN team if you want. :)