Service pack 1?

Oh really fool!

The computers vs. cars analogy is stupid.
Do you have any idea how many different system configs there are?! They can't test it on every single one. It's impossible. Car designers have to make 1 design and get it to work. OS designers have to make theirs work for millions of different systems.

Re: Oh really fool!

Originally posted by acetken
The computers vs. cars analogy is stupid.
Do you have any idea how many different system configs there are?! They can't test it on every single one. It's impossible. Car designers have to make 1 design and get it to work. OS designers have to make theirs work for millions of different systems.
I think your more a fool... Traction contol systems, ignition contol systems, climate contol systems, fuel control, trasmission, ABS... Plus the Chips on the computers are different for each model. There's no such thing as one for all. Thats bull shit. Should I continue, I've been do this for 20 years!

Plus the data streams you have to look through when you have to work on these systems, the diagnostic, the inputs and outputs to and from every sensor and actuator. You don't have that with a Home computer. I'd like to see the scanner you can connect to a home PC to check live real time data streams like you can on an automobile or your 4 channel O Scope to check your waveforms to known good ones.

OMG ive started world war 3 on the xp-erience forums,
lol

cars have nothing to do with with this web site or WinXP for that matter, i agree cars need to be maintained every now and then
yes some times there are recalls on some cars, but at least there
isent 5 updates every week,

ok maby thats jsut silly to say that about the updates but you ppl here know what i meen,

microsoft aka(microshaft) cant program to save there lives look at there other programs they all needed up dates, but look at linux that does need's kernal up dates,
but every time there is a new virus or some thing its allways microsoft products that need the patch more than others.

listen up ppl windowsXP doenset meen windows xpereince it meens windows xtra patches,

iam not bad mouthign this site tho,
this site rocks , keep up the good work guys

Originally posted by surge
OMG ive started world war 3 on the xp-erience forums,
lol

cars have nothing to do with with this web site or WinXP for that matter, i agree cars need to be maintained every now and then
yes some times there are recalls on some cars, but at least there
isent 5 updates every week,

ok maby thats jsut silly to say that about the updates but you ppl here know what i meen,

microsoft aka(microshaft) cant program to save there lives look at there other programs they all needed up dates, but look at linux that does need's kernal up dates,
but every time there is a new virus or some thing its allways microsoft products that need the patch more than others.

listen up ppl windowsXP doenset meen windows xpereince it meens windows xtra patches,

iam not bad mouthign this site tho,
this site rocks , keep up the good work guys
Hey, not to worry I know that cars don't belong :D But when Jap03 started with that GM thing It Iritated me alittle :p otherwise I would'nt have cared. But it sounded like he's an engineer, designer or such and does not work on them, so to understand that what he said was very wrong. :cool: Nothing against you or anyone.

If it can be done it will...

About the statement that you might not be able to update a cracked verson of XP...I simply state that they said this activation thing would make pirating more difficult...and we all know how well that worked...someone will hack SP1 that's just the nature of the game...:D

Will SP1 be any different than just doing all the regular Auto Updates? If not, then those w/ cracked versions dont need SP1 (if M$ decides not to let the popular corp key versions be updated w/ SP1).

Sarge, where did you get your info?

Well hello Mr. Fancypants!

Okay, cars vs. OS's.

Designing an OS:
1. Must make over 29, 000, 000 original lines of code. Less than 2, 000, 000 are carried over.
2. Must make it work for millions computers that all have different configurations.
3. If there is a bug, is usually minor pain in the ass.
4. Must be updatable.

Designing a car:
1. Must make 1 working model that has few swapable parts.
2. If there is a bug, costs lives or is covered up.
3. Has less than 10, 000 parts. 98% are previously designed.
4. Is purposely made to be un-updatable so people have to buy new cars.

You show me how cars are harder to manufacture than OS's. Call me an idiot, will you...

Well , I guess I pushed some peoples button here didn't I !!<G>
Y'all are a fiesty bunch.

Why I was comparing cars to OS is that Microsoft code writers, would seem to me, to be some of the BEST writers out there. But that isn't the case. What with all the holes in the systems. I just feel that they could have done a he-- of a lot better than what they have.

No, I'm not an engineer or designer, I happen to be quality tech with 24 years experience at it. With SPC background.

Yes American make crappy cars. Because we have un-qualified engineers and designers who have no vision and employees who don't care. Japan does make better cars because they pay attention to DETAILS.

It would pay Microsoft to pay attention to details also. Then I would be more than happy to put my money out for their products. That's all I'm saying here.

I sorry to all if I upset you or offended you in any way. That wasn't my intention here.

Hey Jap03, there's no prob. It's just that an OS with base underpinings and subsystems and everything else piled on top, some shit is going to get through the cracks. Plus, it's a business. They're out to make money plain and simple. Apple for all the refining they've done to there OS still has probs too. Maybe not as many , but Microsquish is always changing it's self at the same time trying to refine. Hard to keep it all together. Shit gets missed (friday night, "oh hell, the code looks good" Monday presentation time, "woops not too good"). :) :D :D

But we still buy it, cause we like pain. We love it. We love to yell at our machines, curse at them. And when we get them running just right we love'm again... Untill it takes a dump on us then out the window it goes. heh heh heh.

Re: Well hello Mr. Fancypants!

Originally posted by acetken
Okay, cars vs. OS's.

Designing an OS:
1. Must make over 29, 000, 000 original lines of code. Less than 2, 000, 000 are carried over.
2. Must make it work for millions computers that all have different configurations.
3. If there is a bug, is usually minor pain in the ass.
4. Must be updatable.

Designing a car:
1. Must make 1 working model that has few swapable parts.
2. If there is a bug, costs lives or is covered up.
3. Has less than 10, 000 parts. 98% are previously designed.
4. Is purposely made to be un-updatable so people have to buy new cars.

You show me how cars are harder to manufacture than OS's. Call me an idiot, will you...
Hey, not calling you an idiot, but when has a PC killed someone (besides the the one in a missle silo where someone pushes a button. Or the one that went flying out the window). You damn right they're gonna do it right and it is harder to a point. They gotta get it right, no periodic updates. They work it and work it till it's damn near pefect. Plus it's one OS. There are many models of cars per manufacturer. One computer does not work on all of them. They're all writen different because they're on different cars. They have to write code for all those computers. And if someone dies because the onboard system is faulty you don't issue an update you scrub the whole thing but in the meantime your companies butt is screwed. So they don't have that luxury. But what's important is your questions to this forum not the difference between cars and PCs. We'll leave cars to car forums and all the XP questions we can handle here :D

Gonaads,

What are you doing up at this time of the morning ???<G>

Work nights too??

The last part about the pain and screaming at our systems, 100% correct on that. I can't count the times I have cussed this thing.

Bedtime for bonzo here.......Till next time, night.

Originally posted by Jap03
Gonaads,

What are you doing up at this time of the morning ???<G>

Work nights too??

The last part about the pain and screaming at our systems, 100% correct on that. I can't count the times I have cussed this thing.

Bedtime for bonzo here.......Till next time, night.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wha wha ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ nite nite.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back