serious partition magic problem

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
tried to creat a partiton for the 64 bit os on this laptop.

because it's brand new, I didn't create a boot dsk, but I do have an xp cd.

long story short, won't boot...with the cd in the drive, I get the "press any key" to boot to cd, but then nothing

anyone have suggestions or links for me?

never mind got it going, I'll be back if I need help again, but if anyone has any links with pm messing up the boot and the solution if they found one

thanx

what version are you running?
I know 8.0 had some issues with xp and asked for a boot disk to be made.

I guess I'll just put the recovery disc in and be done with it

I use Partition Expert from Acronis. There are to many probs with PM .. As for your cd not booting that could be because the cd is damaged. Was ita copied cd ??

PM has been good for me - but you do need to be careful how you use it - not too many changes in one "batch" is the rule I think.

Sounds like baad luck here Perris - all sorted now?

Yea PM is a finiky little b!t@h but generally works great. On a side note though you have to be REALLY Carefull if you mess with the OS partition.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back