Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kev59, Jun 12, 2008.
how can i tell if my serial port is working
This should help
Are you having issues with some plug-in hardware not working? What would make you think it's broken?
Also it would help if you told us what operating system you're running and maybe a bit about your computer.
thats just it i have no ports setting in system properties at all
just a few questions so members can dissect the issue. Admiral Michael already pointed out what Version of windows?
1) What Version of Windows are you using?
2) look inside your case, check for any loose connections on the hardware/motherboard
3) do a scan for new hardware
4) did this start happening recently, new install?
Few more questions:
1) So there is no serial port in device manager? (Can you provide a screenshot?)
2) Is there any device with a yellow ! beside it?
3) Most newer PCs don't have serial ports anymore. Do you actually have a serial port on your computer?
4) Is this for a laptop or desktop?
5) If it's was a store bought system what's the model number of the machine?