Senses Challenge

Erbmaster

OSNN Veteran Addict
This is similar to those IQ tests, only this determines
how aware of your senses you are.

I scored a paltry 10/20 :(

It's not that easy though, but if you get one of the highest scores you can get a picture of yer brain!? :eek:

Have Fun!..Find it here

It would be better if the results were not only based on whether you anwered correctly or not, but how close you were to being correct on those questions that were interactive. 12/20 - pretty tough challenge.

that has got to be the dumbest test ever, every question is missleading and some like the food ones, who in the hell eats pine apple with soy sauce.... honestly?! and whos to say I won't like mustard better on pineapple?! WORST PAGE EVER!

True, it is designed to fool your brain, there were a few optical illusions i've seen countless times before. Difference is this time the clock's ticking.
There is further info on each of the questions, what senses/parts of the brain do they tax via a link on the individual question pages.
Think I know what you mean though, some kinda report explaining why you probably chose the answers you did.
There was some kinda summary link at the end, but I never followed it.

I guess the test is kinda flawed anyway. After all, you can't smell or taste via a website, and the only touch sensation is via force-feedback, and I can't believe they overlooked the potential on that :)

I actually got the taste questions correct, and I thought they made sense. It wasn't about which foods you would actually want to eat together or not, but which were complimentary according to taste. You have to imagine the separate tastes, and then combine them to see if they fit well. If it were just a taste test, that would be easy.
The test is definitely flawed, and another complaint I have is that the 15-20 seconds available is partly taken up by reading the question. In addition, I would have liked to know in advance that some questions required a single answer, while others would require multiple answers. I missed one because I didn't realize it was going to give me 10 examples to answer.

I took part in that on the Digital interactive BBC channel the other day.......Got most of them wrong though :p

Is this some sort of joke as pressing the +- buttons produced nothing typical BBC wallers.

11/20

The first questions seemed appropriate, even the food ones. A few questions didn't seem right for that kind of test though. I was under the impression that it was supposed to test your senses, not test your knowledge about them as well. Asking you if you know what smell activates what part of the brain isn't testing your senses, its testing your knowledge. Oh well it killed a few minutes of a boring day, no complaints.

20/20 and no cheatin

And as for the pineapple with soy sauce... chinese food I eats a lot of it. :p And the butyric acid in parmesian cheese I learned that one from a friend who's a chef at an Italian resaurant (her roommate's a doctor and she told her). :D

Originally posted by Dave Holbon
Is this some sort of joke as pressing the +- buttons produced nothing typical BBC wallers.

Were you pressing the "buttons" on the screen, or the ones on your keyboard? :D

20/20 gonaads?.........
You never mentioned you work for the BBC research dept :p. Foiled again lol

Originally posted by Erbmaster
20/20 gonaads?.........
You never mentioned you work for the BBC research dept :p. Foiled again lol

I allready have a picture of my brain... It's not very big. :p

10/20 but I dont know **** about Biology or NeuroScience which means about 5 of those questions I cant do.
and I find pineapple tastes awful anyways to none of them sounded good

I got 12 with a couple of good guesses. How the hell would I know what caviar tastes like. Fish eggs are out for me. :D

19/20 - that first one is well difficult - couldnt work out whether to do it longer or shorter - the bottom one always looked shorter to me :/

caviar with white chocolate was a pure guess though as they all looked pretty awful lol

10/20

I disagree with the pineapple questions....that would be a personal choice.

19/20

I couldnt get the damn circle size, and upon attempt after attempt i never got it right. My brain couldnt DO that one. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back