Send files over MSN

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by BouncingSoul, Jun 19, 2003.

1. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

Hey all,

I got a problem with my wireless network. I have a Linksys Wireless Access Point Router. It allows me to send and receive files through MSN Messenger to anyone BUT those connected to the wireless network. Also anyone connected by wireless cannot send or receive anything. I can only guess that there is some setting or port that I'd have to tweek in order to allow this but I have no idea what one it is. If anyone has a guess please let me know.

Thanx

2. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

I have a Linksys wireless access point router as well, and for a while I was frustrated beyond belief with the same problem. An interesting way around this, I have found, is using a program called Trillian (http://www.trillian.cc/trillian/index.html - can download v.74 for free here) which is an all-in-one messenger for ICQ, MSN, AIM, Yahoo, etc. In the settings of this program you can specify which ports to send outbound files over... For sending files over wireless network I choose port 6891 (anything from 6891-6900 seems to work) for both computers... seems to work well for this purpose, and for other people not on the network that I cant seem to send files to as well