send email without leaving email addy.

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by VenomXt, Oct 18, 2004.

1. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

hey all my aunt wants to know how she can send some pics without leaving her email addy.

any ideas? and i have no idea why she wants to do this but she is agreat aunt and im assuming she has her reasons.

i though maybe using tinypic.com and getting a url but is there a way to send a email without using a client?

2. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

yes there are anoynomous e-mail relays out there but she'll have to pay for them. or she could just set up a new e-mail address under whatever name, obviously if she is sending illigal stuff or abusive stuff the police can track this e-mail to her. but if its just playful, go to hotmail, mail dot com etc.. and set up a new account. for free.

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

If you set-up a local SMTP server (There are freeware one's around the net, and one included in XP Pro) you can send e-mails from "localhost" which of course, no one can reply to.

4. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Just sign up for a hotmail, or yahoo address (or somthing). Use it once, then forget about it

5. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

they seem to be going somewhere here. :p

6. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

thanks will get back to this topic later tonight.

7. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Not sure if its what she wants but shady characters that don't want ppl to have their email use hushmail. :)

8. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

I saw one of these which I was able to use for free some time ago. I don't remember exactly what I used...and the anonymous email relay wasn't something one would use routinely as they indicated it could take several weeks to deliver one message.

This said, there are times this sort of thing could come in handy (and I don't mean for nepharious reasons). I swear in the days I used usenet, my email got spammed like crazy. OK, one can add a no-spam portion to the address (with some ISPs...my current one uses the email addy for a login) but someone was telling me there's ways spammers can get around that now. Can be risky to leave one's email with peeps one does not know...

9. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Topmail and I will mention I know nothing about it.

10. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

this thread somehow feels like it has to be linked to this one , no? :rolleyes: :p :D