Security Settings

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by WorldWarGeneral, Feb 17, 2002.

1. I can make a folder so that it is blocked to a certain user. When I logged on as that user to test the security settings (It's just a dummy account), I received a message saying that the folder was not accessible. Good. However, when I right-clicked on the folder name an attempted to change the security settings (while still logged in as the "blocked user") I got a message box saying I was unable to change security settings, but I could take ownership. So, I took ownership, and that gave me access to the folder. When I went back to my account, and checked the settings for the folder, it specifically says that permission to change ownership is denied to that user. What's going on?

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

do you have that user set up as having administration rights? if so they can take ownership

3. Do you mean are they set as an administrator in the "user accounts" settings? Yes they are. I'll test it out with a limited account. Thanks!

4. redhook

redhook Guest

Always remember that administrator accounts have full access to everything.