search in xp (For desktop )

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by max man 3d, Nov 11, 2002.

1. max man 3d

max man 3d Guest

Hi there ,

After Haveing problems for days now and reinstall Windows XP..

I came across Another problem with the search engine when trying to do a search on my computer.

It came back with this error when I run the search ( A file is required to run Search Companion cannot be found . ) You may need to run setup.

Whats that going on about and is there away of fixing this problem or do I have to go an install XP all over again ..

I would like to fix this as I dont what to install it all over as it takes so long to set it all up ..And this is a new install as it is..

So please help out if you can thank you..
  2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Are you sure Search Companion does not need .NET frame work installled for it?

Download .Net Framework; if you alllready haven't. Some programs need that to run.
  3. max man 3d

max man 3d Guest

I am searching my computer for a file .And it came up with that error ...

I was not trying to search the net so would I still need to get that file and where would I get that form.

Thank for your help ..
  4. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Ah; sorry; my mistake. It would help I think if you deleted this thread; or asked one of the mods to delete; and posted this in application. That way; people would actually look at your question a lot more . :p the gereral section is where we call hang out :)
  5. max man 3d

max man 3d Guest

Know Problem thanks for trying any way and yes I will do that..