Search Engine for MirC

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Heeter, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi Guys,

I am wondering is there such a thing as a search engine for Mirc servers/channels? I am looking for a particular file to discuss/download. Being a total noob to Mirc, I do not know if such a thing exists.

Heeter

2. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

Heeter

There are pieces of software known as scripts that you can apply to mIRC. I use one calld XDCC Flipper. If you just need to find something in a hurry, there are websites that list what is available to d/l. Packetnews.com is a good one. Hope this helps some.

vivid

3. Heeter

Thanks, I will try that website.

Can I download that Flipper from there?

Heeter

4. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

No, that site won't have scripts. Just do a google search for xdcc scripts or mirc scripts. I searched for Flipper but couldnt find it on the net. Must be old.

vivid

5. Heeter

Okay thanks.

Heeter

6. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

servers/channels are different then scripts ... if severs/channels are truely what your looking for you might wanna check mIRC's page here. It list the big ones and also has links to hundreds more :)

7. Heeter

Well I was wondering if there is such a thing as a "Google" search for a file within Mirc.
    I tried Packetnews and ircspy to no avail. Maybe there are others.

Heeter

8. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

oh your looking to grab files via mIRC ... well if you didn't find it on ircspy you'll have to do it the hardway ... pick a network then check out channels :p

ps - depending on the network and "files" your after you may wanna make sure you have your settings correct (as far as security) as some networks can be "interesting" ;)

9. random

random aka PHiSHnz