Search Bar on IE 6

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by jason2slow, Nov 10, 2003.

1. jason2slow

jason2slow Guest

i installed msn plus and noticed it installed some other stuff, like this search bar named "rkkeatriegr", everytime i remove from the main ie bar, it comes back when i go to a new page or when i restart, i ran ad-aware too and it didn't remove it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Using the little application I provided below do a search for itools

I believe it is and when you see the hits right click on each one and launch regedit and delete the reg keys for anything with itools in it, that stupid toolbar is a pain my son had it on his puter even if you use add/remove it still comes back. :)

3. jason2slow

jason2slow Guest

hmm it wasn't itools, and it wasn't that weird name...ill put a pic of it up and see if anyone knows what it is...

4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Try searching for a program called hijack this

5. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Hijack This will probably find and remove the bar. Also, you might check 'msconfig' to see if it is a program that loads on startup. If so, you can uncheck it, find its registry entry, and delete it yourself.

6. punkandacoke

punkandacoke eat me

Might also wanna try Spybot.

7. jason2slow

jason2slow Guest

i tried looking for both of those...still nothing found:(

8. Shamus MacNoob

Did you download Spybot ? If I am reading this wrong forgive me but I am under the impression you are seaching for spybot and not going and looking for it on the WWW, spybot is a program that will get rid off spywear and that toolbar is most likely just that a known spywear . :)

9. Shamus MacNoob

It looks alot like one I saw today in school , in your add/remove list do you see anything that you dont remember installing , I mean your gonna know all your games and stuff but alot of the times we will see names of stuff we dont even know we had.

10. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Yeah the author of msplus! need funding help so he got it from sponsors *coughspywarecough*. I think all you'll need to do is uninstall plus! then reinstall plus! again but be sure to uncheck the sponsor option upon installation.

11. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

12. Shade2074

Shade2074 OSNN Addict

Edit- post above said it better :D

13. jason2slow

jason2slow Guest

thank you! i had to reinstall the spyware with plus because i used adaware i think, then uninstalled and everything is gone:) thanks again