SCSI speed problems

d3xxx

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi have a scsi card adaptec 29160LP OEM.......this is fitted to my NF7S motherboard and it works fine.......with my 2 hard disks....fujitsu 18gig 15000rpm and a ibm ultrastra.....both 160 lvd. (using XP professional)

This is connected up with a cable connector with what appears to be a passive terminator......

When I check the speed of the card it appears to be working at 8bit mode....which is 40 meg max...................it is reliable and works fine though - just slow.

Is the termination giving a problem???? do I need an active terminator???
I can't see why it's so slow.........can anybody help????

When you boot what speed are the drives showing when the 29160 bios shows the drives? Open the scsi host utilities hitting Ctrl+A during bios and check the drives. I've never used a passive terminator, always an active terminator and all seven scsi drives run at 160. Also make sure you using the correct "LV" scsi cable.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back