SCSI Host not found Error on Boot up.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by OshadowO, Jun 16, 2002.

1. OshadowO

OshadowO Guest

Hi,
    Everytime I boot up my PC I get this message that says SCSI Host not Found. I click OK and it boots continues loading everything normally.
    I think this started because I had to Disable APCI due to stability issues. Though the problem did not pop up until a few days later.

Here's the specs.
    AMD 750 TBird
    ABIT KT7A-RAID
    256MB PC133 RAM
    Voodoo 4500
    Diamond Monster Sound MX300(A3D Voretx II Card-don't say it:p)
    Two HDD's both on the IDE(The one that's pretty standard on most machines)
    Plextor CRDW again on the same interface as the HDDs

What I've tried so far was to look through device manager for any SCSI devices, even though I don't have any. No luck. I looked through the BIOS but could not find anything about SCSI devices there either so I'm at a total Loss.
    Any thing that anyone can suggest would be helpful.
    Thanks

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Have a look in 'start\run\msconfig'
    It might tell you there what is trying to load.

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

you have a motherboard with raid... which is considered a scsi device to windows. if you're not using it, disable it in the bios. if you are using it, look at my attachment and make sure you don't have something like that. if you don't see anything AND you have something hooked up to your raid, i'd tell you to get drivers from abit:

http://www.abit.com.tw/abitweb/webjsp/english/download_search_process.jsp?pTYPE=Driver

lemme know what's up

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

oops, here:

5. OshadowO

OshadowO Guest

thanks for the replies.
    Apparently uninstalling my plextor CD -R manager stopped the annoying pop ups. I still have issues but for most part the system is running stable:)