Scrollbar troubles...

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Hi,
I'm still kinda new to HTML/CSS so bear with me.
My site: http://www.illusional-hope.azn.nu/

Now, I have some problems. On the main page of the site, the scrollbars come up when I don't want them to (the horizontal scrollbar in particular). Before I started playing around with CSS, it worked fine - I only saw the vertical scrollbar - but now that I've incorporated CSS, that annoying problem comes up.
Also, in the CSS I suppose to have coloured scrollbars, but they don't work either... Any help will be appreciated! Thanks.

RaG

AFAIK the scrollbar isn't a true CSS definition. I know Firebird doesn't support it. I don't see any horizontal scrollbar on your site.

Thanks for the reply. I happen to have the scrollbars working now, but I still see the horizontal scrollbar... It's weird that you didn't see it j79zlr... I'll have to wait and see how others view it. Thanks again.

it will also depend on your screenresolution. if your at 800x600 and have a image that is 799px wide, you will see the horizontal scroll, however a person at 1024x768 would not.

Well I'm on 1024x768, and I'm seeing scrollbars no matter how much I tweak the damn page. I resize the frame... no luck. I make the text smaller... squat. I've tried increasing the margins as well... didn't do anything. I'm running out of ideas, and being a perfectionist... it annoys the hell outta me.

Note that coloring the scroll bars is a IE thing, and doenst work on all other browsers.

I run Mozilla @ 1024x768 and I don't see any horizontal scrollbars.
In IE it's there though. I'm thinking maybe it's a "width: 100%" that has gone wrong or similar. Not sure though.

I am using IE and see no horizontal scrollbar. Could just be IE 6. I'll check again when i get home from work to compare.

You can also try adding scrolling='no' to the iframe. I don't think this is valid code, but stupid IE ignores the CSS definition of overflow: hidden;

Actually j79zlr, I tried the opposite... scrolling='yes', and it seems to be okay now. That, or the doctype stuffed something up... *shrugs*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back