Script to copy ip to clipboard?

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
There has got to be a simple little script thats able to do this? I found several applications which allow you to do this, but I just want a standalone script which I can connect to a hotkey. Any available? A google search returns a mac scipt...

anybody? Heck can any of you simply write a script? or a batch file or something?

Are you behind a router, or are you directly connected to the internet?
If behind a router, do you want your internal LAN IP or your external WAN IP address?

I've gotta ask. Why do you want your IP copied to the clip board?

If you just want the ip and in something you can cut and paste:

dos command

ipconfig >ip.txt

Will write it and other info to a notepad text file called ip.txt

run it from start-run or open a dos box.

If the clipboard can be written to as a dos pipe using the DOS > command you could dump it directly to the clipboard instead of a text file. Not that up on the clipboard.

I'm tired of having to exit out of a game and running ipconfig then retyping the ip, copying it going back into the game and pasting. I could download and use another app which will let me do this, but I'd rather not have yet another thing running if I can avoid it...just a script which I can link to winkey so with 2 keystrokes I can have my ip ready to be pasted. If the script pastes my ip for me, even better :)

the program atached is not exactly what you're looking for, but it will make life easier for you.

it doesn't need to run in the backround

Yeah a little easier. I think I got that from you before, its what I am currently using.

Have you used ipconfig for xp? There is one that comes with the resource kit and I have it. You can't output it to file like you can with cmd but it does the job of viewing it easier. Let me know if you'd like it and I'll upload it.

sure I'll give it a shot. not exactly sure how it differs from the ipconfig in dos?

It's the same as dos. Only you click the application to launch it.
It is from microsoft.

interesting...dont think it can do what I want, but its nice to have around, some of those other tools look kinda neat too.

No I don't think it can do what you wanted. But it is an easier alternative than going to cmd prompt and having to type in ipconfig all the time.

save this as a bat file

then someone can write it to go straight to clipboard;

cmd /k ipconfig

oh oh oh

send it to your desktop as a shortcut.

hit properties, shortcut.

make an f key shortcut

nice, almost there for you, this is pretty close, yes?

heh I have 5 different ways to get my ip. 3 applications (sysinfograbber, showip, & ip Retriever). Its in the bottom of MyIE browser, and a batch file using:

ipconfig
pause

But this isnt the same as being able to do a simple ctrl alt v inside a game and have it automatically paste my ip.

I do appreciate the suggestions though guys =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back