Screwed Again

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Well, life is ****ed again. I recently relocated to Green Bay, WI from Cali as some of ya know, for a new job. Been here for 3 months and then got laid-off. WTF!

I guess you now have to demand a minimum employment time when you relocate just to keep from getting screwed.

Ohhh, yea, why did I get laid off? Because the company got a resume from someone that had 3 years more experience than I do and wanted less money. MOFO's

So if anyone knows of any place looking for a Telecom Engineer let me know please.

Why is that companies demand that you give 2 weeks notice before you quit, but companies feel it is ok to lay you off you immediatly?

Sorry for the rant

That sucks it. Sorry to hear that.

....and in Green Bay of all places....

Aside from monster.com and the usuals...here's an obscure little site with quite the following....look around the different cities.
Good luck.

Craigslist

Sorry Maveric169, that's awful. A company that lays someone off that soon after having them relocate has some integrity issues. I'm currently taking an employment law class, and I do recall my prof mentioning something similar to your situation. It's possible that you have some legal recourse, I'll have to look into that if it's alright with you. Again, sorry that you're having to go through this right now.

Originally posted by muzikool
Sorry Maveric169, that's awful. A company that lays someone off that soon after having them relocate has some integrity issues. I'm currently taking an employment law class, and I do recall my prof mentioning something similar to your situation. It's possible that you have some legal recourse, I'll have to look into that if it's alright with you. Again, sorry that you're having to go through this right now.

Yea sure you can look into it. Anything that can help would be great.

The really hard part of this is that I wasn't employed long enough in WI to get any unemployment benifits, so I had to goto CA unemployment. They were able to reopen my file and get in under a current extention, but the damn benifit is 1/2 what I was making, and will not even cover the bills. Plus, when I got my apartment I had to sign a 1 year lease. UHhhgggg, this is just totally screwed. So much for "company-employee loyality". I guess that only goes as far as "The buck stops here"!

Originally posted by Codasmd
That sucks it. Sorry to hear that.

....and in Green Bay of all places....

Aside from monster.com and the usuals...here's an obscure little site with quite the following....look around the different cities.
Good luck.

Craigslist

Thanks, checking that out right now!

Sorry to hear that. But everything happens for a reason. You don't want to work for a company like that anyway. I'm sure something much better will be coming along soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back