screen freezes while "windows is shutting down".....

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by EMDY, Feb 22, 2002.

1. EMDY

EMDY Guest

recently i noticed that when i wanted to shut down my pc, it hanged or froze in the blue screen while it says "windows is shutting down"....but my mouse doesn´t move ...i was just waiting for the Black screen with de Windows XP logo saying " it is now safe to turn off your computer".....but just doesn´t appear......what´s the problem??????

2. EMDY

EMDY Guest

please.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

i think.....

i think...windows update should help
    mapped driver shutdown
    something like that
    or u already have it?

4. EMDY

EMDY Guest

i´ve already done the Windows Update....but it doesn´t appear any other update available......what´s Mapped driver shutdown?????? is that a program or something??? where to find???

5. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

It is...

The mapped drive shutdown is an update that u dload at winupdate.....
    have you already got it?...
    my computer used to freeze up like that too
    i dloaded the update
    and its fine now

6. phishhead

phishhead OSNN Senior Addict

have you used the quick shutdown reg hack...because maybe it's not giving xp enough time to shut down and giving you a BSOD

7. phishhead

phishhead OSNN Senior Addict

check the update catalog for individual updates think I saw it there regarding hanging during suhtdown.

8. EMDY

EMDY Guest

i get to windows update site but it doesn´t appear any other updates available..........is there another way to get it and install it????
    About the quick shutdown reg hack.....where can i find that?....is it here in the site?

9. josannie2

josannie2 Guest

10. EMDY

EMDY Guest

when i get to the link you gave me Josannie2 it just opens the windows update catalog......but STILL it doesn´t appear any available update regardin this problem........help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!