screen freezes on startup.

bobsalot™ said:
how do i reseat it. does that mean change its position?
You need to take it and put it in a nice comfy chair.... ;) :p

bobsalot™ said:
ok iv got lucky and the computer hasnt frozen this time. im not going to turn off or reset until its fixed. im just scared i wont be able to get online again.
luck does not enter into the world of computers too much, least we (or at least I) tend to resist it.... Chances are fixing the problem or checking it is resolved will involve turning your machine off or restarting - so get over your irrational fear.... (hint reseating the hard drive should involve a power down! ;) )

bobsalot said:
sorry for 3 posts in a row but i thought i would add that when the computer freezes, the computer makes a beeping sound like you hear when you hold down 3 or more buttons. just thought id tell ya.
So use the freaking EDIT button if you are sorry.... And this information is coming in really late - I hope you are learning from this thread how NOT to get your problem resolved ASAP.....

bobsalot said:
hi guys sorry for another post but is there a program i could run that would detect any conficts or malfunctions that may be causing the problem. im going to leave the pc on all night. it wont make it too hot and turn off will it?
You already had this program - hijackthis. If your machine gets too hot and shuts down it is just thermal protection - again you only need fear fear itself - if you are worried about this just take the side off the case and point a floor fan in there, or have it snuggle up reseated on that comfy chair ;) :p

bobsalot said:
Go away vanquished if ur not going to help. stop raising your post count by posting needless rubbish. i have apologised for my 4 posts and have posted them as i have thought of new things so the guys have more info on my problem and it can be sorted quicker.

stuff like this can get your thread closed - can get you ignored - can get you talked about..... Take a chill pill and grow up Team Penguin.... I am actually trying to help....

PS Reseating your hard drive will mean unplugging it checking all around and replugging it, Reseating is a reference to the seating of the contacts between plug and socket or board and slot in a general sense.... It's just highly unusual to need to explain that. A dictionary usually helps if you are in doubt...

I need to get out of this thread now....

Last edited:
Bob...
No need to get angree with me, i've posted 5 times, versus your 20...
And i tried to help, at first... IM just trying to save you from getting introuble with the admins

sorry guys. im just a bit worked up from school. anyway...i just restarted to see what would happen and my pc didnt freeze. i have uninstalled avg now. do you have any idea to why it didnt freeze? thanks.

Sorry from being all pissy...
How old is your computer again?
-Jack

OK so the problem is happening again, have you cleared out your startup items and services again?

Don't leave the PC on with hopes it won't happen, let's work together and solve it.

However I do agree, use the EDIT button. People will read the thread. Re-posting for the purpose of "bumping" the thread (I assume), will not help.

I'd be happy to help you, just take a breath, calm down, and relax ;)

i reset my pc earlier and it didnt happen. dont know why but it didnt. iv looked in my startup and services and only things i need are in there. im taking my pc to a pc shop on saturday for a check up anyway. maybe they will know. thanks anyway.

I just re-read the thread a bit, and noticed how you said it beeped when it froze.

I would suggest going into your BIOS and making a note of the temperatures. It is possible your CPU is overheating.

on sisoftware sandra it says that my board is too hot. like 54 celceus or something. here are my system specs anyway.

Did you ever venture into the event viewer?

Sandra is good, but go into the BIOS for a second opinion. I know you are scared of rebooting, but next time you do, pull those out.

I could be a little off too, but I don't see your PSU specs on there. I know you have had the PC for awhile, but that could be having problems.

I would probably track it down to heat or inconsistent voltage issues.

ok now im having random freezes. just typing now froze it and then it came back together. how do i get to my bios.

edit@:: also how can my pc overheat if i just turn it on in the morning. it has no time to heat up.

You can enter the BIOS by rebooting and then looking for a prompt that tells you what the key is to enter setup. It varies by PC, but is usually either F1, F2, or DEL

Have you checked your Task Manager, see if anything is hogging CPU usage? If you right-click on an empty area of your taskbar, you can pull up the task manager. Look under the Processes Tab, sort by CPU, see if anything is going nutty besides the System Idle Process

no iv looked. nothing is taking it up. is everyone sure that the Software Distribution 2.0 has nothing to do with it. and what about the random freezes im getting every now and then. i got one when typing this.

bobsalot said:
no iv looked. nothing is taking it up. is everyone sure that the Software Distribution 2.0 has nothing to do with it. and what about the random freezes im getting every now and then. i got one when typing this.
I just looked over your HJT log, looks like that application is related to HP Updates. I don't see that causing a problem, but at the same time should be safe to remove.

What is the .exe related to it?

Yah,
I'd still remove the software update thng...
I had that on my computer, and my computer isnt an hp so i got rid of it...
Nothing happened for better or for worse, however i wasn't having problems...
-Jack

By any chance is your printer an hp?

If that is the purpose of the program, it's only to update drivers and other HP bloaty software. Definitely safe to remove, as long as you stay on top of updating your drivers yourself :)

Not even that...
I dont ever update any drivers...
Just remove it...
Also, just take everything out of your start-up...
Anything that is required will come back on its own...

hi im at skool. look at my bios thing last nite. cpu was 78 celceus. kept on freezeing after i reset.

Yeah 78 degrees celsiuis is a bit warm - is your HSF (Heat Sink Fan) running properly. Check in the BIOS as to how many rpm it is spinning at.

ok i understand that the pc maybe was too hot, but how can it be too hot when i turn it on in the morning and it freezes. thats just silly. but thanks anyway.

cus it instanly goes to 100% cpu usage when it starts up, it instantly starts getting hot. in your case too dam hot! Heatsink sounds like a definate problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back