Schmap Guide

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Evil Marge, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Has anyone heard of Schmap Guide? I received an email from them today. Apparently they want to use one of my photographs from Toronto in their Canada guide. Not sure what to do :crosseyed:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2008
  2. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

Sterling Heights, MICHIGAN
    They want your picture. I don't want to come off as being a greedy person, but in todays day and age, everyone wants something for free.

1) you took the picture
    2) someone likes it enough to use it in their works.
    3) I would think a fair payment would be acceptable. ( They are making some kind of money for the site)

my 2 cents :)
  3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK
    They're incorporated so they make money somehow. I'd ask them for some form of compensation. After all you paid to go to Toronto, your photo is saving them that expense :)

They're also using a common trick of saying "other people let us use their photos free" to encourage you to do so as well. It's a trick I was taught on my first and only day as a door to door salesman for Scotish Power :)
  4. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

I have removed the URL from your post, as it would have allowed anyone to easily be "you" and submit the photo for inclusion, which would not have been right.
  5. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Thanks guy's, you'd think this Schmap Guide would have their own photographers wouldn't you instead of poking around in other peoples :crosseyed:

Oops ta, I didn't think of that :speechless::laugh: